View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by slowplay View Post
Are you the same guy that used to talk all the time about "unity" vis a vis ASA and CMR?

If PCL is successful in their reorganization and Delta is the largest creditor, Delta would likely be an owner of a considerable amount of PCL stock...what's different this time?
Slow,

I supported ASA's request for a policy implementation date based on ALPAs Consitution and Bylaws. I would support Pinnacle's efforts too, although their argument for operational integration is no where near as good. ASA had it's own code*, which Delta acquired when they bought the whole operation. Surely you know the difference between being a shareholder and owning a 121 Certificate within Delta Air Lines, Inc.

A flow through is not unity.

A flow through is just a union facilitated outsourcing scheme.

The criteria is simple. Do they have a Delta seniority number? If not, my MEC has no business meddling in their business.

------

History for those unfamiliar. Atlantic Southeast Airlines developed its own routes, had it's own marketing and code. It fed Eastern and after Eastern's demise grew, just as Delta grew, by opportunistically backfilling Eastern's capacity. When acquired by Delta, Delta transferred some of ASA's routes to Delta immediately and stripped ASA of it's code and ticket stock. When ASA was acquired they had BAE jets configured to 120 seats and were evaluating a 737 order. I don't know of another DCI carrier which had a similar history.

As Delta's three man airplanes started to go away there were Delta pilots who were bid restricted Second Officers. We set up a program to train them and let them fly at ASA, allowing them to hold concurrent seniority. We also had a revolving door of managers, safety and flight operations staff. When ASA was acquired within Delta Air Lines. Inc. the ASA MEC filed for ALPA approval to initiate merger protocols. The Delta MEC fought this merger vigorously on the grounds that ASA pilots were not qualified to be Delta pilots making allegations that we were uneducated, drunks and felons. Still nearly every pilot that wanted to got hired at Delta when Delta opened the doors. Truth was, we were qualified.

Last edited by Bucking Bar; 12-18-2012 at 05:53 PM.