View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:03 AM
chip1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: 747 F/O

There is a reason the interview sometimes focusses on the business side of things. Obviously, one is called because someone in HR thinks you're qualified enough to fly for Atlas as a PILOT. The PILOT part is easy for them, they know your qualifications and can see if you have a poor training record. Its also super easy to ask you PILOT questions, and one should answer those questions fairly easily because you are a PILOT. What they don't know is if you understand who Atlas is and what they do. They don't want to hire someone who fails understand the nature of the business. The better you show knowledge on who Atlas is and what they do (basically if you understand the business) the better you answer their questions. They determine you "trainable" with a lot of these questions. They can train a monkey you know...

FYI, the technical part of my interview lasted 5-10 minutes and just reviewed what I missed on the online test. I was literally asked 3-5 technical questions in the course of a 7 hour day.

The written exam was hardly pilot related. One applicant eloquently wrote about how he didnt understand the topic and explained how he would research such a thing. He still got the job. Again, not "pilot related"

Hours were devoted to how Atlas operated, who their contracts were, what type of contracts they were after, how long pilots work for, etc...