Thread: Air Wisconsin
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Trip7
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by smackahoCEO:1315670
Originally Posted by Trip7 View Post
Just relaying info. Gentleman from Mesaba on another thread stated that their union leaders have told them if they turn down their TA Air Wisconsin will win the RFP for 40 900s.
Dude what he's saying is don't base your decision on where to work on what "trip7" said about 40 new a/c on a message board. It's a rumor. A far fetched one at that. AWAC was also supposed to get United flying (went to ASA and then next wave to Expressjet), supposed to get Midwest flying (Skywest), had a real short term deal with AirTran--didn't work out. Several possible reasons.

AWAC doesn't win flying. They buy it. If Delta is strapped for cash due to their new Virgin joint venture and AWAC can toss them some money and come up with favorable terms... Then sure there might be some planes at Air Wisconsin.

Problem is, Awac signs some pretty ridiculous iron clad contracts with these airlines. I don't see Delta allowing the owners of AWAC to have the kind of control/operation that they have with USAirways. Hope I'm wrong, but Delta likes to shuffle planes around with DCI carriers, they like to whipsaw pilot groups against each other, and that will not fly in a contract with the current owners of AWAC. These owners want stability and steady income.

If they did something like this with Delta, they'd probably turn around and sell the company to Skywest and retire rich. Anyways I wouldn't base a decision on where I work on a rumor. Go to a place that will be around a while, that offers you a good QOL, and that provides you and your family good benefits. If that place is AWAC then by all means pull the trigger. Just do your due diligence.
I completely agree with you and chuckNorris. I know it's just a rumor but was just trying to get some discussion going to see how strong of a rumor it is as only a couple Pinnacle/Mesaba folks have mentioned it.