View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:40 PM
Nezaros
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2012
Default What to do after getting CPL?

Hi everyone, new to the forum here. I've read a few of the threads but I'd still like a bit of advice / answers.

First off, I'm currently a freshman at a little community college with a flight program, haven't gotten my Private yet but pretty close, and after reading and hearing all about the good and bad of the aviation industry I'm still fairly certain it's where I want to go in life. The issue I'm having is deciding exactly how to get there. My end goal is to fly commercially in Asia, probably airlines. I understand that a four-year degree is a great help, but after my two years here (after which I should have my CPL) I'm unsure about what I ought to do. The most common route appears to be building hours as a flight instructor but I'd really like to avoid instructing if at all possible. What then, are there any viable alternatives on which to scrape by? I figure I'd work whilst finishing a four-year degree, but is that degree really necessary? I'm eager to move out of the US and start working in the Philippines but of course I don't want to screw myself over in the long run.