View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 09:13 AM
georgetg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Boeing Hearing and Ergonomics Lab Rat, Night Shift

Originally Posted by Will View Post
I agree with every Delta pilots concern on being directly hired without an interview. The way I see it, Delta management hires the pilots not DALPA. Delta does not have to ask the union who they can and cannot hire. Once hired DALPA will manage the seniority list. If Delta management wants to change the hiring process they don't have to ask the unions permission. I am not trying to make this confrontational just looking at what I believe can and cannot happen.
This thing hardly is about who Delta hires or the hiring process but about our status a Delta pilots with the company.

What troubles me, if indeed that's what happens, is DAL management directly negotiating with another MEC without a DALPA rep in the room.

It's one thing for Delta management to give guidance to Pinnacle management and have the Pinnacle MEC negotiate with Pinnacle management.

Maybe the fact that this is tied to RJs going away makes it appear less important. Imagine DAL management sitting down with Virgin Management and the Virgin Atlantic MEC without a DALPA rep present. Would that trouble you?

What if DAL promised them a larger share of the transatlantic flying if they agree to concessions?

Cheers
George