View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:52 AM
scambo1
The Brown Dot +1

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 777B

Originally Posted by Columbia View Post
Moke: "Whoops, sorry guys. I'll let you know next time. But I mean, come on, really. It's not like Im not a Delta pilot too."

I can't imagine the outrage if he tried this with the Fedex group.
There is more to this story than Bar's history lesson and a policy manual faux pas. Call me paranoid, but this little event with Pinnacle demonstrates the continuing Lorenzo-ization of this industry.

We play nice at DALPA, but if you think a simple innocuous undercutting of bargaining rights is acceptable, you are fooling yourself.

The "lunatic fringe" raises all kinds of conspiracies and blames the union for not doing this or that...If this PNCL contract flies and gets signed, the fringe elements are correct.

To catch a crook, you have to think like a crook. IMO, strategic planning is sorely lacking especially in its efforts to "restore" the profession. Strategic planning step 1: Define the desired "end state" for all ALPA carriers...all follow on steps lead us on a path to the desired end state.

If any Union business is not conducted with the desired end state always at the forefront, then we have an ineffective strategy.