View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 07:58 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by KillingMeSmalls View Post
Thank you eaglefly.

Thank you for restoring my faith in the general acumen of American pilots. Are there really guys who think this will go Date of Hire? Do they not know of/care about the McCaskill-Bond?
Unfortunately yes, there is a small percentage of pilots succombing to fear and running around in circles waving their hands and screaming that the sky is falling. Some are looking to foster that fear for the benefit of still others. Ultimately, it will be the UCC that decides merger or not and IMO, it's far more likely than less. That being the case, if it's going to happen eventually, let's do it now for my previously stated reasons. Horton went into give his plan to the APA BOD and it met with little support, so it couldn't have been that spectacular.

If one looks at the SLI's of the "big 2" and Southwest/AirTran, I think none of the three were identical and each had their specific factors. AA/U wont be any different. WHAT ultimately occurs is unknown, but Crandall's opinion has little to do with the interests of pilots and more to do with the interests of certain managements. Thus, I think one should read his opinions with amusement, but not consider them any further than that.