View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:31 AM
CheckPower
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: Screwed

Originally Posted by trip View Post
Delta will have to re-evaluate the hardline stand they have taken in regard to shutting it down if it's a no. The other regionals are not cheaper or "lower bidders". This will likely cost them long term if you call their bluff, just remember they need you to fly those airplanes for street walker wages in order to start reaping the profits.
A modified TA acceptable to the Pinnacle pilot group would be offered before things really go south.

Delta has already evaluated both outcomes. If it is a "yes", we get more 900's and the top 800 get to stay employed. If it is a "no" we get shut down. Delta already has a plan in place in the event of a no vote. They put our flying out for bid already to the other regionals that are willing to fly cheaper than us.

Delta doesnt need us. They got at least three other regional carriers that are willing to fly for less than we can, even with this TA. Why is there not more of an uproar about those companies? They are the reason we will all be working for a discount regional in the near future.

Let me pose another question. If you were making $75K to $120K per year, would you be so eager to give that up for the good of the industry. The senior FO's and junior CA's like myself dont make that much but its better than starting over at $18K per year.

Remember, if we get shut down the bulk of our flying will go to a carrier that will fly for less than our concessionary TA. Who is that helping? Not me, not XJT, ASA and Skywest.

There wont be a TA that is acceptable to the pilots. If we vote no and Delta lets us stay in business, the BK judge will allow management to impose this TA on us without any of the benefits this TA provides.

And for what its worth, I think a street walker still makes more than I do. LOL

You guys still crack me up