View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:20 AM
CheckPower
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: Screwed

Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
+1

Here's Mesaba flying a plane just last month that was originally Freedom Airlines' plane. Look around your fleet, Pinnacolaba pilots. Every CRJ-900 that ends the registration with "LR" was once Freedom's. "LR" stands for 'Larry Risley', the founder of Mesa Airlines.

Funny thing, all the planes were (still are) owned by Delta, Freedom just operated them. One day, Delta decided they didn't want Freedom flying for them anymore. Delta killed off Freedom in a legal maneuver, and all the Delta owned planes went to another carrier - Mesaba, I believe . Same thing with Commair, just Commair pilots didn't have any other certificate on property that wasn't shackled to Delta to use as a lifeboat (Freedom pilots had Mesa). Now Delta's doing the same thing to Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan.

So, if you've flown one of these planes at Mesaba (or will fly one, since you're being told the 900's are staying if the vote is 'yes'), I've got to ask, "where's your commitment?"

---
*this whole post is meant to be in jest to the concept of refusing to fly a perfectly good plane for any labor related reason other than supporting a NMB certified strike

I am commited to keeping as many planes from ending up at the cheapest airline. Im commited to keeping a roof over my families heads and putting food on the table. Im committed to doing everything possible to stay above the poverty line and off of food stamps. Three carriers have submitted bids to fly our planes if the TA is voted down. Those three carriers are willing to fly them significantly cheaper than we can, even with our TA in effect. Hell, even XJT is taking our planes. Everyone in the regionals are culpable in this debacle.

When this TA passes we will be industry average in cost, pay and QOL.

Im not blaming any pilot for flying the planes we lose. That is the nature of the regional business. The pilots dont get to make the rules we just get screwed by them. Its always been this way, always will.

I understand your post was made in jest but, 1900 pilots will soon be out of job. Thats not funny but I appreciate you trying to keep things light hearted during a difficult time. We need all the laughs we can get right now.

You guys still crack me up