View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 11:50 AM
drummerguy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: SF340 LCA

I am a former Colgan SF340 Captain. I was based in IAD. I went to work for Seaborne on 10/15/12 as an instructor to help them get their program off the ground. Here is what I think so far:

Seaborne is a very small company. In a lot of ways that is a good thing and in someways can be a little challenging. What I mean by that is based on the fact that we are small, you can and will get answers to your questions. You will work very closely with those who are in leadership positions and that is all good. On the downside, if you have a great idea, based on the fact that we are so small, you will likely be doing all the work implementing your idea.
The people there are very nice and work hard. The management does listen to the pilot group more than any other company I worked for. We are introducing a new product (Saabs) and thus we are going through growing pains as you would expect any new operation to go through.
Living in the islands is expensive. That being said so is living in Washington DC and other major cities around the US. Living on an island is an experience not for the faint of heart. I am recently getting over an illness that has kept me down for the better part of two weeks.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, I am more than happy to help. If anyone is interested in coming here as a street captain, those days may be coming to an end sooner than later. We have a class starting tomorrow that is all street captain and may have a few more after that. However, in the very near future, all new hires will be First Officers.

Last edited by drummerguy; 01-06-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: correcting mistake