View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 04:16 PM
benairguitar23
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.....

Originally Posted by starship View Post
I already am here. Sorry for your situation..but there were several years when you were employed when there was no hiring or movement at all, and furloughs. With the new rest rules coming up and the frenzy about not enough pilots to keep up with demand doubt there will be any stagnation for extended periods of time like before, unless they just go under which can always happen. Right now they are still hiring for all 3 cert.'s and supposedly going to announce new flying toward the end of the month. There are better regionals, like skywest/expressjet, but if you live in base and get the days off you want it's not that bad. Try Pt. 135 on-demand freight for a year as a comparison as a lot of people complaining on here have never worked anywhere else. If you want someone to blame, try the Union. Going on 6 years and still nothing to show..regardless of how the company is negotiating.

I do understand the frustration, I have worked elsewhere so I do know what it's like outside this company. I'm also as upset at the lack of progress from the union when they could be using tactics like the American Union did to get their contract. However my ultimate reason for the post was to warn people from coming here when they could go to other regionals that are hiring with better pay, work rules and QOL.

It's too late for guys like us who may be getting better trips and have a small amount of seniority but if we can warn others which would make it better for them and harder for our comany to hire then maybe we too could finally get a better contract and raise the bar.

Originally Posted by Oskeewowow View Post
You know better than that. How many of our brothers & sisters have been displaced out of their bases in which they live in? Myself included. Most people's base history at RAH reads like a rap sheet.

Even if you live in base, our RSV rules make quality of life terrible.
EXACTLY!!!! Thank you!!

Last edited by benairguitar23; 01-07-2013 at 04:44 PM.