View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 AM
Wiskey Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by justjack View Post
Wiskey
Woulda, coulda, shoulda. We can second guess the "what if" all day. The fact is that we did what we did and not for greed, but because the NIC was so egregious - such a jagged pill that we could not swallow. There comes a time in a person’s life that they have to take a stand for what is right. I am senior enough that I have lost more than I can ever make up in the little time that I have left. I admit that I have struggled with the fact that my family has had to suffer even more because of my decision. I never thought that things would drag out this long but I understood, from the beginning, that this would not be resolved in a matter of months. Believe me when I say that I understand your point of view. As I said before, I was on the other side of the DOH coin when Piedmont merged with USAir. But over time I realized that, first, pilots do not manage the company. However, we sacrificed the most so that USAirways could live to see another day- and another merger. Secondly, even with all of its flaws, the present airline seniority system is the safest way to fly. However, no pilot should ever profit at the expense of another pilot. Mergers should not be looked at as a battle between pilots. I disagree vehemently with your- AWA saved US any more than US saved AWA- but either way,this was not a case of "to the victor go the spoils” and all pilots must work to change this mindset. All pilots are in this together. When damage is done to one of us, it is done to all of us. We never wanted anything that you have. We only wanted to keep what we earned. I hope that rather than beat this dead horse, yet another time, that we can try to work out way out of this mess.
So basically because you sacrificed at usair I have to pay your price here at awa? The sins of the father passed on to the son to pay that debt. I dont think so. The nic is NOT as you say egregious! Where you were on the list the day before the announcement is where you were the day after! The east feels since there was a merger that a land grab was in order. The east kills me with "its not fair its not fair" well you begged for arbitration and you got it! Then you go and ask and east pilot "ok what is fair"??? Well DOH is fair. I say to them "ok so DOH is in your mind fair where your most jr pilot goes from f/o res to mid level line holding captain"?? WOW that is fair I could I be so blind as to now see that the overall fairness in that? Talk about hitting the lottery oh my GOD, it cant get any better than that.

The award is safe and the companies 4 page letter to the NMB proves that but usapa has you so spell bound that you cant see it. Yup the east was successful in stalling the out the process but via Lee Seaham with whom you paid million and got nothing in return. In the end you will still be forced to honor that arbitration as not the APA nor the company will carry that water for you. Not to worry however because you will get a pay raise deserving or not. The award will be used in the SLI with APA and we all live be it happily ever after or not.

WD at AWA