View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 PM
R57 relay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: A320 Capt

Originally Posted by Wiskey Driver View Post
This is why I have felt since that time the company should just negotiate with usapa giving it just just what it wants. The day the agreement is signed the west then file an emergency injunction to be followed by a perm injunction. We can then make the claim with proof of harm.
WOW, miracles can happen. I completely agree with this.

Now this I don't know about:

"Now lets face it, anything that usapa comes up with will be a far cry from what the arbitrator ruled thus HARM."

I have had some lengthy discussion with a west friend over this. Unions alter CBAs all the time and sometimes certain groups come out on the short end of the stick. I don't think that automatically means harm. What if we'd never formed USAPA, stayed in ALPA and over 5 years the pilot group failed to ratify a contract because it wasn't good enough to make up for the Nicolau award? If ALPA then changed the Nic in some way would they automatically be guilty of DFR violation? I don't think so, but don't know in this situation. I will say that I think that if USAPA continues down the same path our former leaders did there is a really good chance they would lose DFR II.