View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 AM
FmrFreightDog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Starboard Side, weekends & holidays.

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
Does it really matter what people do and don't do on the basis of an award? If two people get the same favorable award, would you keep it only for the person that booked a avcation on those dates?

You get the award, it's yours. There are no disclaimers telling you it's not final until posted in DBMS. In this case, it's in DBMS, and they notify you of an award, which you acknowledge.

I've seen precedents where they re-run monthly bids, but those are conditional. I've never seen them rescind AE's or vacations once awarded. Is there a precedent for that?
That's my point. An award is an award. I don't see how they can rescind/rerun a vacation bid after awards have been given and acknowledged. I can see addressing individual complaints but taking a week someone actually wants away from a guy who has already acknowledged it and begun planning, say, a spring break trip because the company messed up is total BS. However, it sounds like ALPA is going to go along with allowing a rerun of the vacation awards.