Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM
flyflieg
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: E110 SIC

I think you should also take a look at Purdue University's flight program. After going through the program in 4 years, I have no regrets at all. The school as a whole is great - big campus, good sports, and an active student body. One of the biggest pros is that the airport is right on campus - you don't need to drive 10-20+ miles for your classes. It is also very easy to minor or even double major in something completely unrelated to aviation (for instance, I minored in business management through the Krannert School of Management at Purdue).

Purdue has recently purchased a jet, which has become a course for its students - the Embraer Phenom 100. You have a semester to go through the systems of the plane and a level 6 simulator and the following semester you fly 10 hours in the airplane doing typical pre-type rating maneuvers. I was lucky enough to get some extra hours in the plane because of trips for faculty (Purdue is the only university that allows students to fly their faculty around the country).

If you have any interest and would like to talk about Purdue, feel free to message me.

Best,
Flyflieg