View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 04:49 AM
Flyinhigh
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by FedElta View Post
Same story here guys......the Jan checks were due on the 1st.....called S...a on the 7th, and she said by the 15th. Called on the 15th and she said don't know when...new provider, etc.

Looks like the Feb checks will be due before the Jan checks are paid. The terrific lady in FDX pilot benefits works by herself now, and she has an ongoing family serious illness, so I haven't bothered her.

Looks like Med Pay is getting an interest-free loan from us geezers. Anyone know the responsible party at FDX Alpa to contact ?

Regards,
BG
Since this is an ALPA sponsored benefit, I would try the R&I Committee chair at FedEx ALPA. My guess is you will get the same story. New provider, getting used to the new system, etc. In MedPays defense, I talked to several guys who enrolled with the old provider (Unum) and my experience with Med Pay, up until now, has been positive. Quick, easy enrollment; October, November, and December checks direct deposited on time with no hassles. I think part of the problem is the lady at MedPay spends all of her time answering the phone. I have always had her answer every time I called. So, I have stopped calling and let her get to work.