View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:39 AM
fr8tmastr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: recalled until the next round of right sizing to optimise synergies

Originally Posted by cactusmike View Post
Do you seriously believe that Dug (that's how we spell it out west) won't push for single certificate? And nail down a JCBA? Everything in this is totally geared to one airline in as short a period as possible. 24 months from POR, that's the latest before single ops. The MOU was nailed down with the APA for just this reason, he does not want anything other than one list and one contract. The APA, as well, has no interest is being whipsawed. Remember, the LCC pilots passing this MOU is immaterial to the merger. The big dog is APA and the big dog gets to ride in the front seat. It doesn't matter whether we want to ride or not, if we don't we still get tossed in the back and get our ride to the vet's to get neutered.
If he really wanted a single certificate he would not have said "may" when concerning getting one. Or a JCBA "if any". too many loopholes, and both sides of the Mississippi know to well what they do with those.

I do agree with you that Dug, (i like it) wants a single list and a single pay scale. What I am thinking, and is allowed for under the MOU is multiple companies. Like AT and SW now, and Metrojet and USAir.