View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:12 PM
wrxpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

It's unfortunate that they are already lumping your training (the type) in with your compensation. That's not a good sign of things to come, trust me.

I worked in a corporate flight department for a couple of years, flying similar equipment. I went in starting at low pay, with the promise of higher pay among other things. None really materialized, and eventually I left due to lack of career progression (and the crappy pay). I work at a regional airline now, if that tells you something. Just because it's "corporate", doesn't mean it's good. In fact, most of the time it's not.

As far as the interview, I've had a couple of corporate interviews and they are very different from airline style technical interviews. As you rightfully guessed, they want to see if you're going to be tolerable on a week (or longer) trip with no crew swaps. You might also get some scenario questions... For example, what would you do if flying into Aspen and noticed a 10 knot tailwind that wasn't on the ATIS, etc. There might be some tech, but it will most likely be a piece of cake compared to an airline interview.