View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:50 PM
JonnyKnoxville
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009

When Atlas started the current contract, our pay scale was higher than that of United on the 747. Atlas pay was lower (but within a few dollars of) Delta 747 pay.

Thing have changed rather significantly in the past year. Delta obtained a contract with huge gains, with United right behind them. With the US Airways / American deal, they have snapback pay in a few years that will match Delta and United.

In five years, Atlas will have a lot of catching up to do in the compensation department.

12-year legacy 747 Captain: $270-$280
12-year Atlas 747 Captain: $213

Based on pay alone, the Atlas 747 pilot compensation will match the Delta 737 pay scale five years from now.

As far as retirement goes, I would be embarassed to even compare our current plan to that of the legacies.

I just want to make sure and keep this thread balanced. I hope I am able to do that without becoming the Debbie-Downer.

I want to make it very clear, I absolutely love working for Atlas. I am not so sure I could say the same at the legacies. However, next contract, we have a large bridge to gap and I hope our pilot group will be up to the challenge.