View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:01 AM
RogerDorn
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2012
Position: 3rd Base for the Indians

Originally Posted by magnus0322 View Post
It is the captain rates that are already industry average. Where the contract falls behind is the work rules. Captains will not be seeing much of an increase in regards to hourly rates. What we need is an increase in FO rates to bring them up industry average. The whole pilot group needs cancellation pay, duty rigs, 100% Deadhead pay, vacancy system that respects seniority, better bidding system that allows people to work 75 hrs max days off or 100 hrs min days off if they so choose, better vacation, better and cheaper health insurance, better reserve system assignment system, premium pay for open time pick up, etc.
Simple and to the point. This is what we need to make this place survivable, and aside from the hourly rate increases, all that stuff is cheap to implement. I also would throw in real crew rooms in bases.

But if I were BB there is no way I would sign a contract until I was forced to. There is NOTHING in it for him if he signs a contract, and the stock holders would hang him if he doesn't hold out until the very end. We all know the NMB will never let us strike because we provide too much lift. We won't see a contract in our lifetime until the union stops aiming to make this a career airline, because regional airlines that become career airlines go out of business.