View Single Post
Old 01-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Eric Stratton
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by sarcasticspasti
Employees should stay away from telling employers what type of equipment it should operate. Can you name a successful company, or even an industry, that has been successful when the employees dictate to the management and even the companies' founders what kind of equipment they can operate (i.e. scope clauses), what they will pay the employees to operate it, and when and how they will work (work rules)?? Can you name any?

If that is your desire, start your own business. Never outside of the airline industry have I heard employees who felt it was their right to run the company. If you are capable of running a business then do it. But when you seek employment at the door of another man, then let that man decide how and where to make the profits.
When has scope ever not allowed the airline to operate any type of airplane that they want?

Name me any airline that can't fly whatever they want. If a regional wants to fly bigger equipement then go ahead and try. They might lose some agreement with a major that they do business with but they can do it if they want. (ie when delta pulled away from ACA because they got airbuses)

Northwest believes that 76-100 seat airplanes are going to save their company. If this is true they why don't they go out and get some. Nothing is stopping them. There is nothing in Northwest scope clause that says they can't buy even a 2 seat jet.