View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:01 PM
ShyGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by RJtrashPilot View Post
That's fine and dandy, Shy. But for some of us, including myself, it's the principle of the thing. I realize this isn't the company's fault, and they are trying hard to correct the situation. However, there's one thing you shouldn't mess with and that's my pay. Mess with my schedule, mess with my days off fine, I get it, it's an airline. But I'll be jack snap, don't mess with my pay!!
That's fair enough, and I agree, but we have different definitions. For me, "messing up my pay" is not when they send out a paper check instead of a direct deposit. I still got paid, this time, the old fationed way. Messing up my pay to me is no direct deposit, and no paper check. Basically, no pay. That would be upsetting. Or incorrect pay that takes too long to correct. So far, I've been lucky.

Additionally, not everyone is in the same situation financially as you. If you're in a position that you can stretch your bills across the month, that's great for you and I hope you can keep it like that for the rest of your life. Some people have mortgages, child support,kids to put through school, medical situations that require extra income, etc... Consider yourself lucky, but get off your high horse and stop acting like Dave Ramsay and giving people advice on how they should structure their bill cycles. It's not always that easy. Life happens and some people legitimately have to live paycheck to paycheck. Some through irresponsible decisions, but others because of how their cards were dealt to them in life through no fault of their own. So tone down the rhetoric a bit, man.
Fair enough, I feel bad for anyone who is truly relying on a 35 hr guarantee (which is our lowest check, because it is only the 35 hr guarantee and nothing else, no per diem, no overages above 70 - that comes in mid month). If one is really on this borderline, I fear they may be running negative on a monthly basis. Hopefully that situation can rectify itself. It is hardest on first year pay, but second year pay gets better.

But I will give credit where credit is due. The company is going out of their way to rectify this situation and my hat is off to them for going way above and beyond to take care of crews this weekend!
I agree. They are going far above and beyond for a simple error of a paper check getting sent out.