Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM
RonnyK320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: A319, A320, A321

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
*Mods if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize...please move it*

Hey All,

Was just reading in a thread earlier that made me think about proper 'Networking Etiquette.' Being a guy at the bottom trying to work his way up, I'm wondering if I can get a discussion going about how to effectively but respectfully network with people in hopes of setting yourself up for a job in the future.

The reason I ask is because I, likely along with most others out there, don't want to be "that guy" who is trying to get a job off everyone yet I really don't have the slightest clue where to start or how to go about respectfully doing this without crossing a line. Afterall, it's a small industry (especially up here north of the border ) and it's not just about using others to get jobs-friendships like no other are made here as well.

Stuff I'm curious to hear peoples opinions on are things like when is it acceptable to ask for LORs? What are ways to get connections when you have none? Etc.

Let's all remember to pass the favors down too! I got my first job because someone (many people actually) helped me out by providing info, name dropping, etc. And in return I've been sure to pass the favors down.

Cheers
CC
Just remember, it's not what you know, it's who you know...