View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 09:27 PM
L'il J.Seinfeld
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Brown

To those who are really wondering about how much you can make at UPS, I'll offer my input.

There are some details I'll leave out, but basically the most credit hours per pay period you can get if you volunteer to work extra is 96. The minimum guarantee is 75 and we have 13 pay periods per year. Thus 75 X 13=975 per year minimum. If you are willing to do more than the minimum then it could be 96 X 13=1248. We also get premium payments for various things and are able to sell back sick time.

There are a lot of folks who are averaging 96 credit hours per pay period. 727 reserve line holders usualy only work 5 days out of their 15 days of being on reserve each month. On their days off they pick up open time. JAs don;t count towards the 96 hour cap, so a person can make even more if they time it right. Reserves on other fleets tend to get used a lot more and most do not feel like working on their days off. With the pending displacement bid, many 727 pilots will start working a lot harder and will be making a lot less since they probably will not want to accept JAs or pick up open time flying on days off.