Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 05:19 AM
319wisperer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Left

Originally Posted by BoredwLife View Post
I know a majority of you guys are slam clickers who call a prostitute to your room, but I have to find time to talk to non working girls somewhere.

The van ride difference between the two hotels is 9 minutes, I have timed it. Now Downtown Fort Worth used the contract shuttle which I will say 90% of the time was waiting on the curb when we arrived. The Holiday inn runs their own and more than 75% of the time I find myself waiting for more than 20 minutes for them to arrive. I am wondering how difficult it will be for them to not have us wait when all crews are going to and from it.

Additionally if I have 22 hours anywhere I will take the loss of 30 minutes (taking into account the earlier pickup time) to stay somewhere that offers good food, great night life, good looking women, live music, and good beer. I know that a majority of the pilot group just sit in their rooms and eating mnm peanuts getting fatter by the day, but I like to enjoy my overnights.
^^^Definitely agreed^^^

There is a couple of cases where the long layover hotel is a bit ridiculous like LA and DTW. While downtown Long Beach is very nice with plenty to do, I'm sure there are areas much closer to LAX that have ample ways to pass the time (Redondo, Manhattan Beach, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica, etc.). Who knows, it's probably a cost thing. DTW, well, I don't really understand justifying locating a long layover hotel next to an average shopping mall and not much else, but I'm sure Detroit is somewhat limited on bustling, safe touristy areas. The Henry Ford Museum is actually pretty damn cool. If the weather is pleasant, its a nice 2 mile walk from the Dearborn hotel.

RE Dallas: Talking to hotel coordinator, FLV, despite rumors, we aren't out of the downtown Ft. Worth hotel because of a flight attendant lap dance show in the lobby, a disgruntled old slam clicker complaining about the extra 10 min in the shuttle, or the company not wanting to pay an extra $1.50 rate increase. It's simply that the hotel was losing money on blocking of so many rooms for us at a set rate, wants the flexibility to sell these rooms individually, and thus doesn't want any airline business anymore, not just Spirit's. The current long layover hotel being co-located with the short stay is supposedly a temporary fix until a new long layover hotel can be worked out.