Thread: Street Captains
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 05:05 AM
AV8ER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: ERJ 145

Originally Posted by XtremeF150 View Post
So what do you think they should have done. Cancel some flights to protect your upgrade. I tell you what for those of you that ran out of instructing early that was your choice. As you said before timing is everything and I guess yours was off or you would have been able to upgrade right? I usually try to stay away from posts like this but attacking someone that is MUCH more qualified when he comes into the regionals is not what we need to be doing to fix today's industry. I guess I would be an evil person in your eyes because I took a street CA position. Of course I probably had more hours when I took the left seat than most have after 2 years in the regionals. I found my first regional job with over 3000 TT and over 1500 multi, of which about 1200 was PIC turbine. So I would say my 3+ years as a flight instructor paid off. Of course like you told the other guy I guess we can assume you wouldn't have taken the CA job if it was offered because you would have felt it wasn't right?...I doubt it. When those low timers get their hours up then they can upgrade and I will bumped one spot lower. I am fine with this as I know that is how it works, but I will not be angry at the company nor do I think they should stop these ppl from upgrading because it inconvienences me.
Chill out man, I'm not saying whether its ok or not, and I'm not passing judgement. Just a statement as to how it was taken at the wonderfully well managed TSA a few years ago, from what I hear (like i said in the previous, correct me if I'm wrong, TSA guys who were there at the time. Just what they guys I've flown with have told me.)