Old 01-13-2006, 05:18 PM
CRM1337
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

HSLD

Good points, which I neglected to make. But yes, most of us are aware that despite management's inability to negotiate fairly with us, that there will be some degree of paycuts.

Mgt. proposed 15-20% paycuts (depending on equip and seat) and workrule cuts. Our MEC has repeatedly asked for relevant and detailed financial reports to substantiate these cuts, but MGT has ignored those requests for several months now. (One ludacrous offer is a 50-100 seat RJ payscale.) Basically, if the judge tosses out the contract, we are walking. The attitude I am receiving in the crewroom and flightdeck is mostly F-em. Otherwise I see us forced to take 10% and some workrules.

Not to rain on future Mesaba hopefuls but many folks are bailing, including me. Dealing with NWA is getting uglier every day. They have been on a union busting crusade since 9/11 and will not stop til they have all of the unions at their knees or completely gone. (i.e. virutally AMFA NWA mechs)

For some, Mesaba is a job and paycheck. For others, there are easier ways of making 20-40k. Good luck to those staying, those furloughed, and to those voluntarily leaving.