Old 02-16-2013, 03:55 PM
skork
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2010

thanks. i hope that she is not resentful. her only comment is that the airlines should pay more. an early retirement paycheck, saved first year money, along with FO income until year 6 captain on an RJ will actually be a net positive over 15 years of working. the bad part comes after age 65 when i would have made twice as much in retirement because i would have had more years worked. i have always made the most money between us until very recently. heck, i paid for her to finish her bachelors and masters so she cant be too mad. maybe i am getting my investment to pay off. i even sold real estate on the side for extra income so we could have some nice things and go to some nice places. not to sound like an ass, but i guess i feel that i have done my part and by pursuing this since 2007 doesn't make it such a shock. but i have moved past that tipping point where it isn't fiscally prudent to go to an airline job even if i could make Captain in a year. the only reason is to finish my working life doing something i want to do before i am done.
you are right about the bennies, i am counting on that, and that is probably the weakest link. good point.
the problem with the major thing is that i will be 50 in 2015. i believe my age would prevent any movement for me. but if your claim that planning for a regional career is correct, that may cause me to rethink this career change. haven't thought i couldn't hang out at SKW until age 65.