View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Phuz
Kerbal Rocket Surgeon

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DTW 717A

Originally Posted by SailorJerry View Post
So your saying though that Delta could pay DAL crew rates and benefits and have them dispatched and maintained by DAL employees, and we'd break even on cost? Is that your assertion?
I assert that your company would be more profitable with all of its flying under one roof. The reason this is not done already isn't because of profits, rather it is because of labor group fragmentation.

Furthermore, since you were discussing profit sharing and revenue premiums, allow me to point out that your customers are willing to pay what you called a "RASM premium" because they perceive your product as being of a somewhat premium quality. If you agree with that statement, then perhaps you can see that bringing a product such as arrjay flying in house allows better quality control over your once outsourced product that is currently residing in those concourses you now likely try to avoid. Especially if you commute.

I'd like to know what percentage of travel itineraries purchased through "Delta" never actually fly on a Delta airplane. If you care about the next 10,20,30 years of your career at Delta, why would you be opposed to increased quality of your own product? Would that not enhance your customer's willingness to pay RASM premiums?