View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 05:58 AM
NE_Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by LAfrequentflyer View Post
No it would not be similar. ATPs offers a course on the jets, its optional for extra money and completely unnecessary. I tell people that ask to not take it - its not worth it since the company will teach you on their dime. You'll learn more being a CFI for the few extra months.
I took this straight from the AllATPs website:
Airline Career Pilot Program
Commercial Multi-Engine, Single-Engine, Instrument & CFI’s
Prepare for an airline pilot career with an emphasis on nationwide flying experience in multi-engine aircraft. Includes 190 hours multi-engine experience, actual jet aircraft experience, and more all using airline-standard crew resource management techniques. Graduate from this program ready to build flight time as a multi-engine flight instructor, eligible for accelerated airline placement within 6 months.
Flight Time
200 Hours Logged Time
190 Hours Multi-Engine Time
75 Hours Multi-Engine Cross-Country
65 Hours Multi-Engine Instruction
& Flight Checks
Citation Jet Transition
50 Hours Multi-Engine FTD
10 Hours Single-Engine Time
From the website, it sure seems like it is part of the 90-day fast track course.

I know Mig Alley was in Korea. I was talking about the 747 Captain. A korean war vet and 'Mig Alley' veteran may have been too old to fly the 747. Didn't the 747 enter service in 1968...Ok, maybe he could have flown over Mig Alley and flown the 747.
Just making sure, you mentioned Vietnam and "Mig Alley" so many times I started to think you thought they were in the same place.