View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Judge Smails
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: A320

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
I bought my Uflymic/QC-15 for use in the 747, after trying the same set-up that other crew members were using. It worked great. It worked well in light airplanes like the Cessna 180 or 414, as well. I used in 210's, Senecas, and other small aircraft.

The QC15 is the same technology level and acoustics as the A20. The A20 actually borrows from the QC-15. They're comparable in use, though the QC-15 is lighter and I think a little more comfortable.

The bose setup with the QC15 is considerably better than a telex or other such headsets, and a lot more comfortable. I've regularly used mine on 7-10+ hour legs, and it's one of the most comfortable headsets I've owned.
I've had both. I actually had the TSO'd UFlyMike first. I used it for about a week and then returned them. I found them to be a bit too loud in the ERJ cockpit (very noisy). I bought a pair of A20's and the difference, to me at least, is very noticeable. There's definitely more passive noise cancellation and the ear cups are larger and more comfortable. The UFlyMike setup is the way to go though if you have a quieter cockpit, and want to use the headset for something other than aviation.