Thread: Gulfstream Girl
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:57 AM
UnderOveur
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: Holding over Macho Grande

Personally, I think you are completely FOS, "ShyGuy". You came onto this thread, boasting about how you managed to buy your way into an airline job (hint: no one in their early 20's has $27k for an RJ rating unless mommy gives it to them) and that people shouldn't give the Gulfstream Girl a hard time.

Originally Posted by ShyGuy
She got hired into a Gulfstream II with 250 hrs. Big deal. I got hired in a CRJ-200 with less than 250 hrs

Then you go on to say crap like "I never understood the egotistic want of a fighter jet. Oooh, a shiny fighter. Big deal" and "My concern was being able to pass a FAA 1st class. Once I passed that, I knew I had it made."

O'rly? You "knew you had it made", eh? LOL

Well, you may or may not be "an airline pilot", but IF (<---and that's a big "if") you are, you bought your way into the job with money someone else gave you, and here you are bragging about it while insulting a lot of folks in the process.

Me? I've got crisp $100 says you're a ramp rat who tosses bags for a living while dreaming of flying that big, shiny airliner someday, who has read just enough of these forums to know a little lingo.

Is it really any surprise that someone with this background would have zero problem with "Gulfstream Girl"?

Shy, maybe you can start a blog called "Airbus Virgin".
LMAO! Maybe he will!

This nails it perfectly (assuming he is what he says he is)...

He’ll never be the same as a pilot who has spent thousands of hours hand flying, working his scan, basic stick and rudder skills and instrument approaches. He’ll be an adequate systems operator that can fly basic maneuvers, stick to the script, follow company procedures and read a checklist and that is about all. Throw him a serious curve ball and the fact that he really has very little flying skills to fall back on is going to become a serious issue.
Gents, haven't you been listening? ShyGuy doesn't care about all that, all he cares about is being a 2nd year FO flying an A320, and nevermind how he got there. Oh wait....yes he does....he wants to laugh at everyone who didn't do like he did and buy his way into the job while lecturing them not to look down on such people.

Originally Posted by ShyGuy
She got hired into a Gulfstream II with 250 hrs. Big deal. I got hired in a CRJ-200 with less than 250 hrs
Want a little truth, Shy? No one will ever respect you for buying your way into your job (assuming you are what you claim to be). You'll always and forever be "that guy". Always. Have fun with that.

Oh, and go ahead and tell us all....once again....how you don't care because you got what you wanted. Protest some more, big britches.

LOL!