Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Cruz5350
Respek

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Originally Posted by ctab5060X View Post
Try two of the airports in north MS and AL have the ILS out of service. Tupelo and Shoals. One of the problems is that Shoals ends up cancelling to keep other parts of the operation "on-time". I have seen MSL cancel with an airplane on the ramp in ATL and reserves available.

The weather hasn't been that bad up here so far this year. Nothing like it could be, in fact, we have had almost abnormally good weather so far this winter in that part of the region. With the exception of a handful of times, I've been able to get into TUP most days on just a non-precison approach. Sure and ILS is nice, but it being down is not the major problem.

As far as planes breaking down, we managed to get a spare for a little bit in ATL, but managed to have a couple of good weeks and didn't need it. We have enough flights into and out of ATL that we warrant a spare airplane. We have reserve crews to fly it, so something as simple as a spare airplane would eliminate a lot of our massive delays. If there is any chance of salvaging this, Silver has to step up the emphasis on the MS and AL operation.
You must have good luck as I've had at least 3-4 wx cancels to Hattis. Not sure of Shoals since I haven't worked mornings since Nov.