View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 12:37 PM
xjtguy
Banned

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by seabass View Post
My concern is that when we go to an interview (i.e. SWA, UAL, UPS, FEDEX) are they going to frown upon this practice??
YES

Originally Posted by seabass View Post
I'm leaning more on the safe side of this and saying it's ALL SIC time, but tempted to log that PIC time.
We fly with 1 Capt. and 3 FOs. I've been logging all my time as SIC, but need 600 hours of Multi PIC to complete my 1,000 hrs. multi Jet PIC.

Mmmmmm very tempting indeed.....
As mentioned here, and in about a billion other threads, you CAN log it.

But regarding the bold carriers, and more than likely EVERY other carrier, it won't be accepted as PIC on their app.

Because again, as mentioned, what's legal per FAR ISN'T the same as what future employer counts as PIC time.

Here's from FedEx's app;

Pilot in Command hours for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls. Instructor Time while included in your PIC total is broken out further on this form.
And here's from SW's app;

PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls. For military personnel, Southwest Airlines will allow flight time logged as "Pilot in Command" (PIC) only if you are the Captain/Aircraft Commander, Evaluator, or Instructor Pilot. Primary time will only be considered PIC on a specific aircraft after an individual upgrades to Aircraft Commander n the appropriate aircraft. Time logged as "Other Time" will not be considered.

Last edited by xjtguy; 02-26-2013 at 12:50 PM.