View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 PM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by TANSTAAFL View Post
I don't see how 20 737 crews offset the - 50 DC9 crews that will be displaced out of DTW on this AE. Also very unlikely any of those could hold 737 A or B (or 320 which is going to have FO MD's)

I get that it is a 365 conversion bid and that some might find their way to the DTW 717 on the next AE, but many junior will be subject to possibly two training cycles. The really junior FO's might have no where to go but ATL 717, but I see most A's MD'ing to WB FO which will then waterfall displacements throughout the system as junior WB FO's MD into lower paying categories.

The only caveat I see to that is if the company decides to have a commensurate number of DTW WB vacancies or hold an excess in those categories.

The company's flavor of the month(or year maybe) is overstaffed. But I wouldn't be surprised if they ran the bid multiple times to minimize displacements. And one has to wonder what's cheaper. Keeping pilots still in a fat category, or a cascading waterfall of displacements resulting is massive $$$$ spent on training.