Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

flyallnite , 02-26-2013 03:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off
flyallnite
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2009
  • Position
    Stay THIRSTY, my friends!
Quote: I can't believe Alfa and Sailing haven't jumped in already... ***
Sailing isn't a rep. I don't really begrudge anyone for voting how they did. The reserve rules weren't even why I voted no. But I have to admit, it's turning out to be a bigger factor that I would have thought. I personally think the vote was rushed, the time factor was artificially imposed by the company, and for some reason, our union bought into that concept. I've often found from experience that when something is presented as time limited and all or nothing, it's often done as a strategy to get the buyer to "buy" without due diligence. I just hate to see the quality of life stuff given up for any price. Many people are at a point in their career where much of what's sacrificed won't affect them personally. Having a union with a cohesive strategy should alleviate the tendency to sell something that "won't affect me" for straight cash. You have to just know that the goal of the company is to get it's pilots to work as much as possible, whenever needed, for as little as possible. Lowering that bar is not something that any agreement should allow without exhaustive consideration.