View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 10:10 AM
PasserOGas
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
I did 10+ years and I don't feel much of the same things that you do. Guess everyone can have different experiences.
From what I can tell the marines attract a different sort of officer. (Understatement of the year.)

That being said I don't think DOD really cares about individual marines (short of those who gave the ultimate). Honestly, how many divorces, troubled dependent children, alcoholics, suicides, etc do the service chiefs really "care" about? It makes them look bad, sure but I never get the impression that they go home worrying about it. I can tell you of guys who went to the boss pleading to not deploy because their wife was ready to leave them and they were ordered out the door, despite having other options. The ORI was coming to town after all and they weren't on "the list"...

I think the point of this though is to say you hate the flag because you look suscpisously at our government and it's leaders is way off base. I think one needs to realize that there are many people in our government who care more about themselves than "the flag" and being upset about that or pointing it out isn't unpatriotic. More towards UnderOvuer than to you.