View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 01:21 PM
DocN788RV
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: Boeing 747-400/800 FO

Originally Posted by ATCsaidDoWhat View Post
Don't worry, eventually the hand shaking and silly assed grin will fade...what am I saying, no they don't. I got mine many years ago and as I sat there stunned, they called back to apologise...they'd made a mistake...(OK, how do I do self CPR again?).

"We meant to tell you that you will be in a class for the 400, not the Classic. You don't mind...do you??"

Welcome aboard!
Thanks, I kind of know what that is like. The last year has been crazy. I retired and was picked up immediately by a regional as there was not much other hiring going on. I just wanted to stay current. I then got hired by another 747 cargo operation so left the regional about two days after finishing IOE and a week before starting the 747 cargo job. My class was cancelled the Friday before training was to start and they have since furloughed about 85 pilots. So much for staying current. Its been about 8 months since I flown anything with more than three tires and thought I was going to have to call another regional and I doubt they would touch me after what I did unless they where desperate and I do think they are starting to feel the crunch a little. Don't anyone take that the wrong way. It was a great experience, the training was excellent, I met a lot of great people and got a small taste and appreciation for what that type of flying is all about. I received my package in the mail today with paperwork to fill out, drug test and return. The job description that was included for me to sign was for a ground instructor. There was no mention of that on the phone. I have to call on Monday and hopefully find out that was an accident. I'm very excited to be coming on board at Atlas. It was my number one choice and can't wait to be there.