View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 PM
fiveninerzero
Nothing to write

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: PA28 Flight Engineer

I definately have not flown with any female fighter pilots, but I have worked with and interacted with them, mostly on the ground while doing the ALO gig.
I've also had the occasional female voice on the other end of the radio (air end) during CAS missions.
Now my career field is closed to women, but ALO's are primarily advisors to ground forces, therefore there are no gender restrictions; In fact, my current boss is a female Strike Eagle WSO.

They passed the law a loooong time ago allowing women to fly fighters! You don't see many female fighter pilots simply because most chicks aren't interested, or have the attitude or premonition that they will not suceed.

If you are qualified, stong-willed, and dedicated I don't see why you couldn't do it. I'm going to reiterate the strong-willed part. You may have men that doubt your ability because of your gender, but there you have the chance to prove that you are a better pilot than them!

I've had crappy ones, and fantastic ones, but I'm sure it wasn't because she was a woman.