View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Willi364
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2006

I recently completed the career pilot training with Pan Am Internation Flight Academy. I don't know if you have looked into them yet. I can say I am satisfied with the results and I feel I got a good of a deal as any of the other schools of that size. Out of all the schools I toured before making my decision I took into account the quality of the facilities, aircraft, classrooms, sims, and just the general vibe of the students and staff. In comparison to most large flight schools I found the Pan Am fleet to be fairly new and all equipped with the necessary equipment and then some. Its gets hot on the ramp in the summer time in AZ and all aircraft had A/C which was a nice luxury. I don't recall be delayed or cancelled for weather. They have a great maintenance department which works 24hrs a day which resulted in no down time due to issues with aircraft. The staff at Pan Am seems to be very knowlegable about the industry and what it takes to achieve your goals. I did some reading about the company before making the final decision and learned that Pan Am's history runs deep within the airline industry as an airline and as a training option. Anyway, Once I completed the program I was hired as a flight instructor and was assigned 2 students. Pan Am does not hire instructors off the street. They must be Pan Am Grads. In closing I will say they did what was advertised to this point. Im not one to bad mouth any other school because I did not go there. It seems no matter where you go guys and girls are ending up with a FO position with a regional the same way. Start training , get all your ratings, build hours through instruction, send resumes and interview. Does one school have an edge on another? I think it all comes down to the individual sitting in the hot seat at the airline interview.