View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 PM
4A2B
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
From the MEC Chairman's B-767 Q and A today:

=======================================
Q. Are the 767 negotiations different than the other CBA Sections which you discussed?

A. Yes, the main difference is that if there is no agreement, the Company may take action which leads to an arbitration or even litigation. We believe that both sides are better off with an agreement versus a prolonged dispute, but the terms have to be right (Click here to view previous Q&A discussing 26.K arbitration).
=======================================

How do you feel about ratifying a B-767 LOA before we reach agreement on a full CBA?

How do you feel about the tacit threat that if we don't reach agreement, The Company may take action?

Q1: If an agreement meets the needs of the pilots and is sent for ratification then I will vote, after reading it of course

Q2: Call it what you will, I personally do not think it is a "threat", rather more of a "promise". Remember we have orders for about 50 76's and we have no method to "stop" them from bidding and flying the jet (nor should we as these are a needed update to our fleet). We have our MEC Reps, Officers and Committee's to work on our behalf and they are the ones with the most information and I consider this message information, nothing else.