Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Normann
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 320*****

You know what Skybolt? I really do not understand what you are doing among that crowd that showed complete disrespect for our union, for every one of us, over and over again.

You and me, we differ in our political views and we differ on how business should be conducted. That is fine. Nobody has a beef with that. But several of the peeps that were behind that infamous recall attempt were guys and girls that had a few things in common. They did at least one out of the following three things:

1. They worked their asses off when 125 of us were jobless. I am talking about 200h credits and higher. Every month. This opportunity was only ever possible because of an excessive furlough. I am not talking about guys picking up one or two trip. These guys thought that this will be the norm for the rest of their careers. Is that just me or is that insane or what? I like credit myself and I pick stuff up all the time. But we know that something like this is just not realistic forever. There will be an end to it. Nope... not them.

2. They flew all the way to the very last minute right before the strike. One of them even got up on the meeting and asked if they think their OT will be paid or not. That was lovely! These dudes sent the worst signal to the company ever. When you show no unity during hard times, than how can you expect the company to take you seriously? It was thanks to these guys that the company believed that they had a chance to fly through the strike! These guys/girls jeopardized all of our jobs and lives.

3. They did not walk with us!
I can think of at least one who did. But most did not. Almost none of them that I have on my mind walked with me. And I was there almost every day until I had no skin left on my nose.

These folks think it is OK to get preferential treatment and have 20 JRMs while most of us can only have 3-4, 5 if we are lucky. They are all about themselves, nothing else matters to them. Anyone who is not playing along gets a label. Just look at Travis. He ran, tried to do his best to change things, perhaps he realized what is realistic to do and what management was really about. He too got labeled. It does not matter. If you can't bring back the gravy train, you are their enemy.

How do you not see this?