View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 12:31 PM
CptRexKramer
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: Captain: TransAmerican Airlines

Originally Posted by JOHNSCHR View Post
For those awaiting class or currently in training, does US Airways send a "cleared to train" email before your assigned class date? I'm 99% sure there won't be any hiccups in the background check but it would be nice to know that everything is in order at US Airways before putting in my 2 week notice at my current employer. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated!

I started here last fall and had that same apprehension (of course for no reason). Until I was physically in class, I had that "too good to be true" thought irrationally floating around my head.
They never sent me a "cleared to train" email. They did, however, state in one HR email that they may be waiting for part of my pre-employmemt screening to clear and they would let me know if there were any issues. It was boiler plate. I took it as I wouldn't be able to start training without it clearing and that they would let me know if I hadn't been cleared yet with a soon approaching class date. It gave me some heartburn.
Some guys in my class bid their last schedules at there old jobs such that they had off days for the first five to ten days of Airways training. That allowed them to put their two weeks later and limit the risk. I wasn't that bright. Just food for thought.

Last edited by CptRexKramer; 03-15-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Miss read the post.