Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 12:40 PM
skybolt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

You know what Norman, I think you're a pilot that legitimately sides with your union leaders because you believe that they stand in the breach for you. I understand, when you work for an employer like Spirit, taking your elected leaders side against the company is the default position. I understand and respect that.

I can't see what you think, and I'm not a mind reader. But it's obvious that you haven't ever had a personal conversation with me. Call me if you like. Until then, I don't have the time to dignify your assertions on this public board.

I do have time for one topic: My opposition to the strike vote and my position that the union was operating on the promise that we would not strike.

I opposed the strike vote because we were making a bluff. We had no strike center, no strike awareness committee, no family awareness committee, no SPC, etc. Our strike vote was obviously a bluff. For that reason, I opposed taking a strike vote. I called my rep and was assured that we would NOT use the strike authorization vote to actually strike. You may, and I'm sure you will, have your own opinion of that statement. I will swear that I heard exactly that. Again, we were bluffing and they called our bluff, to the tune of another year.

Call me if you feel like.