Old 03-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Climbto450
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.

Originally Posted by RJer View Post
I also think the presentation was great from the PVC but there seemed to be one key component missing- cost. Many of us are quick to jump with needing industry average but- where is the part from the PVC that shows the company can actually afford all of these items? I'm ALL for the items in the presentation but showing the cost to the company would go a long way in demonstrating if it's realistic from a business perspective. I have no idea what these improvements will cost but I'm sure it's in the tens of millions and maybe more per year. When I see a high profit year in 2012 of 128 million (86/97 previous 2 years) I can't but wonder if all of our requests would quickly put the company in red and a balance sheet that resembles VA. I personally need more information then to blindly say "I expect industry average". I REALLY hope the math adds up, but I need to see it.
I don't think they you realize that VA is not a publicly traded company and does not meet nor is required to meet GAP accounting practices. VA's balance sheet looks horrible by design. It is designed to keep labor costs down. You can not compare them to us.
Without a CBA there is no future at JB. Don't get me wrong I like my job and the people I work with and the CP's I just don't see how we (the pilots) can continue to get sub level pay/benefits and not be leaving in groves. The end of this year / beginning of next year we will see DA begin to hire along with UAL and AA/US and the JB exodus will begin, I don't think our training facilities will be able to deal with it.