Old 03-16-2013, 01:29 PM
flyinaway411
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by RJer View Post
I also think the presentation was great from the PVC but there seemed to be one key component missing- cost. Many of us are quick to jump with needing industry average but- where is the part from the PVC that shows the company can actually afford all of these items? I'm ALL for the items in the presentation but showing the cost to the company would go a long way in demonstrating if it's realistic from a business perspective. I have no idea what these improvements will cost but I'm sure it's in the tens of millions and maybe more per year. When I see a high profit year in 2012 of 128 million (86/97 previous 2 years) I can't but wonder if all of our requests would quickly put the company in red and a balance sheet that resembles VA. I personally need more information then to blindly say "I expect industry average". I REALLY hope the math adds up, but I need to see it.
It's our job to move airplanes safely and efficiently, and we should get paid an equal to our peers performing the same tasks.

It's their job to figure out how to make that work.