View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:29 PM
WillFly
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Palmtree Pilot View Post
I know of two specifically that were posted but not available and BOTH companies told me those adds were requested to be taken down well prior. Honeywell and a dual rated corporate position.

Well, ask YOURSELF, why pilots shouldn't be sceptical of pilot job websites that are in business to make money and continue to post the same jobs over and over. Just because you charge for your service, doesn't mean that it is quality.
Did you notify us that these job postings had already been filled? If you did, we would have pulled them. Also two filled job postings out of thousands posted is not that significant in the big picture. Obviously that caused a concern for you however and that is understandable. lf an employer contacts us to remove a posting, we do it immediately. However there really should not be any reason to contact us as they have the ability to login to their accounts and remove job postings themselves. It's not fair that we get all of the blame if the employer did not take the time and effort to remove the posting themselves.

I do agree with you that pilots should be skeptical about any job board, even the pay ones. Unfortunately there are many services that are taking advantage of people. I encourage pilots to research job boards on forums such as this one. If you have a question about our services and our practices I encourage you to contact us directly.

We take a lot of pride in our website and the services we offer. Our goal has always been to help our fellow pilots. We go to great lengths to ensure job postings are real and up to date. We believe that we offer an exceptional value to our members. If not, we want to hear from you and how we can improve our services for you. If you run across a job posting that you think is not right, contact us, we will look into it and fix it.