View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Busboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: leaning to the left

Originally Posted by av8rmike View Post
I'm sure you're correct and I'm wrong. If offered a LOA that kept the individuals whole who built the 757 program from the ground up, and the alternative was a 757 introduction delayed 1 to 2 years and presented with the FACT that every single person on that project was ALREADY entitled to WB pay, well I'm sure the crew force would have shot it down as being completely unreasonable.

And how was your willingness to allow temporary abrogation of seniority rights for those guys more pure hearted than the company's version of until they could hold WB again. Kind of like being a little pregnant... "Well, we're ok with contract language change in this case, but it can't be dependent on keeping you guys whole. Just long enough to get the milk from the cow." Since all were back on WB pay within two years anyway, the company's offer to continue WB pay was exactly the same as what you profess (incorrectly, but I'll be generous and attribute it to a poor memory), it seems that OUR union would have been happy to protect the pay for the instructors who were training OUR crew for their new airplane. Especially since they were the short-sighted morons who couldn't envision a new NB aircraft ever showing up at FedEx and maybe have some pay protections built in for the guys digging the trenches...

Seems BC and DW did pretty well out of their stay there. Rig changed to favor them. Aircraft available to bid without a pay rate. FDA LOA that was super, then crappy, then super and would go senior anyway. Not to mention the thumb in the collective eye of the crew force regarding Age 65. Yep, I remember that regime fondly...
Why was "every single person" on the 757 project on passover pay to begin with? Maybe there should be term limits for instructor passover pay?

I have to tell you...Sorry, but I don't think most line pilots lose much sleep over guys talking about getting screwed over their passover pay. Even if they are "digging the trenches".

And by the way...Rig change helped everyone, either directly or indirectly. Even you trench diggers.

I don't hold anything against our instructors. And for the most part, I think they do an outstanding job. But please, don't try to make line dogs feel sorry for them. Trench diggers? Seriously?