View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Sonny Crockett
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: B777

Originally Posted by Ottopilot View Post
I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that I will be retiring effective April 30. I have been involved in the airlines since starting at TWA in 1975. I had the good fortune of helping to start Air Berlin and People Express, as well as being at Continental to assist it going from “worst to first.” However, even with all those great experiences, the past three years at United have been the best. I want to thank all of you for the great job you do every day. I know that I am retiring from the best airline, with the best pilots in the world. Please value what you have built here and always fly safe.
Howard Attarian will be taking over Flight Operations after I retire. As you know, he has been Vice President Flight Operations at United since 2008 and will do a great job leading the division. Please join me in congratulating Howard and supporting him in his new role.

FYI: the CALMEC signed statements not to take any management job.
I don't know anything about Attarian.

...also to add that Howard Attarian was a USAF Thunderbird as well as 20+ with NWA and National ALPA. I'd rather have him over POS Pierce anyday.

JMHO