Old 03-23-2007, 11:48 AM
MEMFO4Ever
Bourgeoisie

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 787 SO
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
Talking about stripes, how's this:

If someone is sitting in the s/o seat (with the ability to upgrade to a higher paying seat) for an extended period of time, let's say for example, 5 years, then that person would wear the 2 stripes of a Professional Flight Engineer, not the 3 stripes of a pilot/flight engineer. The same would hold true for first officers that do the same, but in this case they would wear 3 stripes that would go the length of the epaulet rather than the 3 stripes that go across the epaulet, as is normal. The 3 stripes the long way could be used to identify one as a Professional First Officer. That way, when the captain met his (or her) crew at the start of a trip, he'd be more able to gauge what he had to work with. How about them apples??
I'm down with this! Then the captain would know in advance how little I care about most of the stuff that happens around here (like who is wearing what stripes) and would just know that all my climbs, cruises and descents will be at barber pole.

Or an even better idea. How about we just ditch the Navy wannabe costumes all together. You'll know the captain; he's sitting in the left seat.